he was busy picking locks and clocks, can"t make decisions and was not ready or fit to become a king. Puts his needs before his offering country.
You are watching: How do you think louis xvi’s qualities as a leader led to the french revolution?
Cause of French Rev:-Enlightenment: The idea of having equality and some sort of power (influenced by the American rev) with the Frenchs circumstances attracted them-Political: The king and his choices were looked down on, monarchy and the associated vs most of france.down -Economical conflict: tax system, debt, poor money management of the king, lack of resources.
The French Revolution of 1789 caused Enlightenment vision of throwing out the old authorities to remake society along rational lines, bye bye monarchy..-John Locke- made the foundation of enlightenment.-Beccaria- Crimes and punishment a no go, rehab-Voltaire- freedom! religion, speech, etc. state and church separate
She was a foreigner, wasn"t use to court rituals, got blamed for not conceiving a child with her lustless husband, madam DEFICIT lavish spendings and debt.
5. What was the "Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen"? How does it relate to the U.S. Constitution?
The common peeps, had 95% of the people which were peasants, workers, bourgeoisie, and they were treated poorly and overlooked by the two other comfortable life estates.
7. One of the historians interviewed in this program calls the French Revolution "the crossroads of the modern world." What do you think this means? Do you agree with this claim?
Men especially and women were brought more equality. without the revolution there would be sovereignty still more rational scientific thinking, separation from church.
8. At first, it seemed that King Louis XVI would cooperate with some of the demands of the Third Estate.Why do you think he ultimately reacted so violently against them?
he was afraid to lose power so he threatened to make a foreign army to keep his power. He also knew the violent outcome from French when provoked. he was precautious.
9. What kind of leader was Robespierre? Do you think he did a good job of representing the wishes of the French people?
Dictatorship, hypocrite.. was a very strong leader, against the death penalty and wanted equality and liberty like the people, except he ruled like a dictator who punishes anyone giving him offense.
10. What was the role of women in the French Revolution? Can you think of some examples of their contribution to the Revolution from this program?
they destroyed Versailles and took Marie and Louis to Paris. also killed Marie. Also wrote stuff to government to see. Asked for more rights like men, using the their own words and prompts.
11. Why do you think the initial goals of the Revolution became so distorted during the "Reign of Terror"? Why do you think Robespierre had so much fear of political traitors?
the execution rate increase a lot you can be killed for the littlest things. It was also new and unexplored. They also had the dictatorship of Robesspierre.
See more: Question: How Long Do You Boil Chicken Leg Quarters For Chicken
Enlightenment and Scientific revolution promoted, goodbye monarchies and the state and church conjoined, men especially and women had equal rights.
Impact California Social Studies World History, Culture, & Geography The Modern WorldJackson J. Spielvogel
Ancient World History Patterns of InteractionDahia Ibo Shabaka, Larry S. Krieger, Linda Black, Phillip C. Naylor, Roger B. Beck